Wednesday 6 March 2024

Onomastics

I looked up my name today. It can mean fair haired like the Swedes, or someone with a sharp mind

I also looked up my surname. It stems from Shane then Sean then Jean then John, a name of Hebrew origin, same as my middle name. Firstly this gives me another Jewish connection I didn’t know about

So now I have John twice in my name. The name means God is gracious. So God is gracious twice to me. Twice blessed by God. Twice Hebrew

Saying something twice adds emphasis. It's like God wants everyone to be sure. In case there's any doubt. For example Barry means fair hair. So my blond hair may make me seem not very Jewish. Yet my middle and surnames are both Jewish

So I have two different forms of the name John. The English and Scottish forms. Both of which stem from Hebrew

The meaning of my name then is: The fair haired one with a sharp intelligence, twice blessed by the Hebrew God

My Bible app streak today is 177. Confirming El's double blessing upon me. It mirrors my name. Two sevens and two Johns. Seven is a number sacred to the Hebrew god. The 1 signifies the relative rarity of the name Barry in modern times


The verse of the day says all good things in the world are gifts to us from heaven

It confirms all this about my name is a sign from heaven

If the Jews make me their king, I may change my name, as names can change. People change. The world changes

El knows this. He made it this way. Though he himself, being perfect, has no need to change, so is unchanging

But even if I change my name, this'll always be the name I was born with and part of my destiny

Here's a pic of me today. The day I found out the meaning of my surname. Just to make this a bit more diary-like

Forgive the bedhead, dressing gown, long face and shaving scab. I just woke up. Have a good day, guys




No comments:

Post a Comment

Morbid Sense of Humour

Elly you're a macabre joker like me 😂 Thanks mate. I mean mate in the way Stella would probably mean it. Soon as you finish college get...